Saturday, April 16, 2011

Illustrated Letters

I stumbled upon Lagos based artist: Karo Akpokiere's interdisciplinary portfolio recently, and it left me in a state of AWE!  I was amazed by the detail in each illustrative piece from the abundant body of work on his website; none of which is short of brilliant. 

To me however, the most memorable is his personality rich 'Illustrated Letter' series; which was a part of a year long daily-drawing-project. November 2010 culminated in this wonderful, convention-breaking exploration of typography; "represent[ing his] interest in hand drawn type , popular culture, geometry [] and also [his]  fascination with ascribing new meaning to already existing forms." 




Artists like Karo, leave me wondering how much global talent we would be missing out on, if it had not been for the world-wide-web.

5 comments:

  1. Super fun! I love how you post abut such interesting things :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm happy you find them interesting Rukman!

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot I would say. This is great. Xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for the post Amrita, I truly appreciate what you have done.

    I appreciate the comments from everyone as well, thank you! :-)

    ReplyDelete